Here are links to various resources to help you in your recovery from Hurricane Irma along with a video providing explanations of the resources.
Join me for Hurricane Irma recovery resources
Posted by Mark Martella on Saturday, September 16, 2017
- Federal Assistance – www.disasterassistance.gov
- FHA Mortgage Relief
- FreddieMac Mortgage Assistance
- IRS Filing Extension dates through January 31, 2018
- IRS Hardship Distributions from Retirement Plans
- Florida Disaster Loans for Small Businesses
- Florida Bar Hurricane Resources
- Florida Bar Legal Assistance Hotline: 866-550-2929. Assistance through the hotline and the forum is available to Floridians affected by Hurricane Irma in all Florida counties. The requestor will be matched with Florida lawyers who have volunteered to provide free legal help such as:
- Securing FEMA and other benefits
- Making life, medical and property insurance claims
- Dealing with home repair contractors
- Replacing wills and other important legal documents destroyed in the hurricane
- Helping with consumer protection matters, remedies and procedures
- Counseling on mortgage-foreclosure problems or landlord/tenant issues.
- Price Gouging Hotline: 866-9-NO-SCAM -State law prohibits extreme increases in the price of essential commodities, such as food, water, hotels, ice, gasoline, lumber and equipment, needed as a direct result of an officially declared emergency. Anyone who suspects price gouging during this declared state of emergency should report it to the Attorney General’s Office
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance– is available to Florida businesses and residents whose employment or self-employment was lost or interrupted as a result of Hurricane Irma. DUA is available from weeks of unemployment beginning Sept. 10, 2017 until March 17, 2018, as long as the individual’s unemployment continues to be a result of the disaster. To file a DUA claim, go to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity website or call (800) 385-3920.
- Hiring a contractor? Don’t do anything before checking them out with the Charlotte Desoto Building Industry Association by visiting their website at www.CDBIA.com or calling them at 941-625-0804.